Hauser Center - HKS
- 90% of onsite generated waste construction was diverted from landfills
- 92% of all eligible equipment and appliances are Energy Star rated
- 61% of the furniture was reused
- 100% of all composite wood is free of urea formaldehyde
- Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs) were purchased for 100% of the estimated electricity used over 2 years
The Hauser Center for Nonprofit Organizations at Harvard University is a university‐wide center for the study of nonprofit organizations and civil society. The Hauser Center seeks to expand understanding and accelerate critical thinking about the leadership of nonprofit and non‐governmental organizations through the key goals of research, education, and practice. The department previously resided in an off‐campus building adjacent to the Kennedy School. As the Hauser Center has grown, it has become critical for them to move onto campus where more casual interaction with students can occur.